Thursday, October 12, 2006

Six Years Later...

On a day that is unfortunately brimmed with the political game and my life therein, this will definitely not be politically motivated at all. It's motivations come from a different inspiration. This will also not be very long either. I do not plan to dwell on this too much, but it's getting to the point of the mundane. There's something too regimented about this day, too solid. I don't think my brother should be remembered in that way. Not just remembered, but rather memorialized. This is something that should live on throughout just a simple day. October 12th is October 12th. It isn't the year 2000 anymore. It's 2006.

Okay, I lied. I thought I wasn't going to get political because I didn't want this to extended through anyones attention's span, nor should this be about politics, but I look at the world circa 2000 and look at it today, in 2006 and it's still a ball of confusion. Racial politics still dominate the world views, but this time it's another race. Politicans still promising the talk, but it all sounds the same. They're still concerned about things they need not to be concerned about, the things people are concerned about and if they are there's little they do about it.

But I won't drag this out. It's just tiring, trying and highly unfortunate that my brother was killed and there has been little result to amend for his death, for the sake of my family and for those who will find themselves in harms way. And another year passes by... one more year later. Six years later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Online Degrees